I so remember guzzling what seemed to be gallons of red wine a week after delivering our little girl. I was all, "But wait, the, oh, no. Well, what the hell."
I also decided to take up all my childless/olderchilded friends on their requests for my time--late nights out, early morning runs--shit I'd never be able to do with a newborn.
Loss: a baby is not a remote control, or the car keys
Circle (or wheel) of life: yeah, well sometimes it rolls backwards and death happens, then birth
Ashes: anything with identifiable chunks of bone in it is NOT ashes Angel: my baby did not become a supernatural mystical spectre of any sort.
Born sleeping:with sleep, there is always the option of waking up and usually you don't decompose while you are sleeping.This is far more creepy than plain old DEAD, IMHO
1 comment:
I so remember guzzling what seemed to be gallons of red wine a week after delivering our little girl. I was all, "But wait, the, oh, no. Well, what the hell."
I also decided to take up all my childless/olderchilded friends on their requests for my time--late nights out, early morning runs--shit I'd never be able to do with a newborn.
Lemonade, indeed. Still sour.
Post a Comment