I spent a great deal of time looking at Powell's for books on how to not go insane if you finally get to try to have another baby. Now I am looking on Amazon because Powell's apparently does not believe that people need to read that sort of information.
We had lunch out as a family and though the food was bad and Nigel burned his hand on the stupid buffet thing (that there was NO way of knowing was hot on the sides) it was quite nice being all together and functional like that.
Nigel got me a wildly inappropriate, costuming themed t-shirt that features the word "shit" and a license plate frame that I love which reads "I make clothes for imaginary people."
And my dear sweet daughter that I barely wanted to strangle at all today, who gave me my a fabulous gift of free baby-sitting, went out skating and came back with a cupcake for me and put a candle in it so I could make my wish.
I can't have Dave's gift for a couple months...
Anyway...


I woke up this morning wanting to blog about how I feel like this thing>>>

In that, my purpose in life will ultimately destroy me. But that's a little morose isn't it?



4 comments:
Happy bday :) Pregnancy After Loss, or something like that, has been a good book for me, also Trying Again. But those are the obvs choices--I've been reading just about anything to stay sane, 2 at a time. Stieg Larsson helps.
Inflatable pin cushion. That's a heavy one to contemplate.
Happy birthday. I'm sometimes feel an inflatable pin cushion too. If I ever do get to fulfil my purpose in life I'll probably pop. Or slowly deflate.
Happy Birthday! Hope you find that elusive book.
Happy Birthday! Try not to go nuts waiting for that last gift.
I haven't found that any of the obvious books have had any brilliant insights.
Post a Comment