Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day ONE

Today I started off the day with:

A cup of coffee with soy milk and a bit of sugar
A banana
A trip to Home Despot
A side trip to a couple other stores in search of a raincoat that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a trash bag (epic fail on that part).
and a Peanut Butter Cliffbar

Then I went to the periodontist. Drinking T.rader J.oe's Blueberry Pomegranate Green Tea along the way.

Then my nerves were shot to hell because I need A LOT of painful and expensive dental work


Then I ate handfuls of trail mix on the way to the gym and drank more green tea

I did 2 sets of 15 reps each on 4 machines of varying sorts (more detail not available at this point because I forgot what they are called, except for hack squat which I only did 2 reps of 10 on because my thigh was being tweaky)

Then I did some swimming; 5 lengths of various strokes and a bunch of upper body resistance stuff with the foam weights and some more kicking in the hot tub (thigh still tweaking)

Went home and was ravenously hungry.

Ate four slices of baked high-protein tofu with fresh tomatoes and basil and some leftover super spicy okra with a bit of corn and garlic

Went to get Lisa to go to the weigh-in and measurement fest at People's Co-op. We picked up Opal from the bus stop and dropped her off at a random point that wasn't really helpful to her, but hey! She got some exercise...

Found out I have approximately 42% body fat. YIKES! That made me sad, but also more driven. I am going to kick this contest's ASS!

Bought rainbow chard, red cabbage, zucchini, celery and yellow squash at insane co-op prices. Also the dish soap that I have failed to purchase on five different shopping trips thus far.
Came home after being punched hard in the leg by Nigel for not wanting to buy him overpriced kettle corn.

Had a nice talk in the car about not being a sociopath as a life's ambition.

Got home and took Raven to her cello lesson. Sat and thought about blogging at the music school, but instead read about midgets with tall partners.

Came home and made a wrap with low-carb flatbread, tofurky slices, much lettuce and guacamole. Added Chipotle Tabasco as it was boring.

Then I sat down to blog this shit.

Now I am hungry again.

If my phone hadn't been washer-wenched at faire, I would have pictures.

3 comments:

Joi said...

taking pictures of what i eat everyday has really been enlightening for me.

Big Love, Big Acceptance - or so I say said...

Yeah for the vegan diet/weightloss challenge. I *try* to eat vegan - at least at home. I can't get my husband to fully support me in it, and I'm not ready to do it alone (at least not yet).

And as I sat here and read your entry about going to the gym.... made me realize I should probably stop using "I need to catch up with everyone on their blogs" excuse and go the gym myself (or at least outside for a walk)! Thanks for the inspirtation to move today. :)

brianna said...

Sounds like Day 1 was a success. People always say that the first few days of going low or no-carb are the hardest and the hungriest. So maybe it will get easier as you go along.

Post a Comment