Day 23 - a youtube video that makes you laugh.
YouTube Shmmoo Toobe. I do get a kick out of the literal video of "Total Eclipse of the Heart", but nothing has really made a distinctive impression on me. Except Angie's video about the stupid things people say after your baby dies. And I cant find it again.
Day 24 - where you live
I live in the greatest town in the US. Portland Oregon is home to the most lovely combination of beer, coffee, vegans and weirdos.
My specific corner of it, near the "Alberta Arts District" (Also known as just plain old Concordia) is the best. I live 4 blocks down from two great taquerias, 14 blocks from my son's Montessori charter school. 18 blocks from the food co-op. 9 blocks from 1 vegan bakery which is next door to a great tea shop and across the street from a yarn shop, a fabric shop, and a pet supply shop. And 5 blocks from another vegan bakery. If I was still drinking coffee, I could go directly to the end of my street and get some Stumptown. Then go right nextdoor to the wine shop and a block further to our favorite (mostly) vegan restaurant. We can walk to two parks with playgrounds, if they didn't depress the shit out of me. And the local natural foods market is about 10 blocks form here, three blocks closer than the brewpub/ hotel.
Really, everyone even remotley awesome should live here. I got my sister to move here, and she got 3 of her friends to move here.
Dads Who Don’t Deal
5 years ago



6 comments:
I'm jealous, but we here try to convince ourselves that we are the Portland of the midwest... ha!
We were in Portland for only a day, but I thought it was a pretty damn cool place in the short time we were there. Can't wait to get back for a visit!
Attention EVERYONE. Drop me a line when you're in town. I will watch you drink coffee, or beer ;-)
I have heard Portland is the coolest town ever. I have never been there, but my husband used to live there. Believe me, if I have to hear about Oregon one more time, my head might explode.
Here is the video link. I think I might have uploaded it to YouTube, but I can't remember. My in-laws have a link to my You Tube, so I might not have.
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6904495
cool, thanks!
Sadkitty, this is my first visit here, and I thank you profusely for mentioning angie's video (and angie, thank you for making it and linking to it) because it did just slightly cheer me up out of a really, really toxically foul mood.
and I think Portland is the absolute best city in the US, though I haven't been there through an entire winter and think the rain might prove to be too much for me if I had to be in it for weeks on end.
Post a Comment