Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Things that suck (figuratively. This is not about vaccuums) And also don't suck

Because I was feeling pouty
Things that suck:

-Being fragile. getting blindsided and hurt by things that you would have normally not even noticed.

-Waiting. I already did my time. I have to wait and wait and get my stupid hopes up again and I hate that.

-Hoping. Gah. Looking forward to things that may go all fuckeduppity again bites ass.

-Timing things. Can't it just happen?

more later...dinner is almost ready... which is another thing that sucks. my cooking.

Things that don't suck:

-Fresh brewed coffee; even when it's bad coffee, is still smells awesome while it's brewing

-Huge bottles of red wine.

-Playing wildly inappropriate vidoe games with my kids (5 year-old LOVES Baldur's Gate)

-Handmade underwear. Finished my first pair yesterday. They need to go back under the needle to adjust fit and fix some flaws, but they are bamboo and lace and quite fabulous.

2 comments:

still life angie said...

Man, do they ever suck. They suck and blow, which seems beyond the laws of physics, but if you have ever indeed lived in this land, you know. For me the thing that sucks and blows hardest is sort of related to your blindsided one. I hate that grief sucks everything into it and makes it about me.

brianna said...

I am in complete agreement with all of the waiting, and being fragile, and timing of things and how much they all suck. Oh and the hope. That I still can't do yet for myself yet. I'm working on that though because I don't want to live the rest of my life as the human equivalent of Eeyore.
But I still have an abundance of hope for other people though. So I'll try to send some over to replenish your stores via this series of internet tubes here.

Post a Comment