I can't stop thinking about this. It doesn't help that my friends keep posting links to that horrifying video. How many parents are so lucky to have their babies born ALIVE! And then they go and consent to cosmetic surgery on their newborns that could LIKELY KILL THEM!
SO, for those of us that will never know why their baby died, who did all they could to prevent it. There are those that will risk their child's death ON PURPOSE!
Why? Because they have brainwashed to think it looks pretty? That is will cure all sorts of ills? Because the invisible man in the sky wrote a book a few thousand years ago that says they should?
I was anti-genital cutting before I birthed a dead son, for human rights sake. But now I am just appalled that someone would intentionally put their baby in a situation that, if it doesn't kill them, will permanently alter their brain chemistry! (warning graphic pics, which you should look at if you still think this is okay.)
Just like the lady -hugely pregnant- smoking cigarettes outside the mall; these selfish, ignorant parents will probably never know the devastation of having to decide whether to burn or bury their child's body. But I, for one, will NEVER understand this disregard and it makes me want to punch people in the head!
Dads Who Don’t Deal
6 years ago



3 comments:
Right on!
I am an NICU nurse. I've seen babies lose a lot more blood than that and live. While I appreciate the horror that is circumcision, I've seen babies live through LOADS worse. Generally babies are tough little cookies. But unnecessary surgery does seem somewhat cruel and well...unnecessary.
But yeah...as much as I disagreed with circumcision prior to having my (dead) son, if I'm ever lucky enough to have another, no scalpel will come anywhere near his little body if I can help it. I hope to never again have to consent to having my child's body cut into.
yeah many can live through loads worse. And many can't live through well... nothing identifiable at all. but around 200 every year from something that was inflicted upon them for vanity is appalling.
Post a Comment