Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 6

Today I had severe motivation problems. I did not want to eat. I did not want to go to the gym.
I wanted to have a couch day. But I didn't instead I was pissy and sullen.

I had my coffee. I fucked around on line. Shopped for a new desktop a little. Cleaned the chicken coop.

Felt hungry but everything sounded bad. Had a protein shake -rice and pea (for those concerned with my soy intake ;-), strawberry flavoured, mixed with "lite" soymilk and water.

Did some laundry. Folded the linens - arguably my least favorite household task while watching HGTV.

Sewed my stupid ripped gym bag back up. Shouldn't be so attached to a bag I got out of the clearance bin at Walg.reens for $2.97, but it's the perfect size. I though that might get me motivated to exercise or eat, but all it did was piss me off that I had to re-thread my sewing machine and find a black bobbin. Grrr...

At some point I got off my butt and walked over to Nigel's school to pick him up. I must have walked faster because I got there in about 14 minutes and it's 13 blocks away. So I killed some time looking at the Carribean Spice market, which was dissapointing. I kind of expected jars and bins full of good smelling powders, but it mostly smelled like fish, which I didn't see any of!

I sucked on a packet of peanut butter while I sat on a wet bus bench and listened to Def Leppard  (thanks Lisa!)

Picked up Nigel and took a different route home so that we could avoid the swarming beehive acroos from the park on the way home. Bummed him out that there were no chestnut trees on this path, so tomorrow we will probably brave the swarm so he can have his beloved conkers.

Came home and Dave had mase us lunch. Mmmm...brats with no buns. But a fabulous 9-19 carb to protein ratio. Also saurkraut and onions and homemade relish.

Played some Baulder's Gate with the boy for as long as his attention would hold. Ate peanuts. Drank old coffee over ice.

Did more laundry. Made a new hammock for the rats.

Vacuumed the living and dining rooms.

I have no idea what I did between that and making dinner. 

This is what I made for dinner: Butternut squash, Morrocan chickpea bisque (from a box, tastes like Earth's Best babyfood), baked high-protein tofu, and this awesome spinach thing I made up

Awesome spinach thing:
       Handful of slivered almonds 
Some sliced mushrooms
                      Minced shallots (mine were form a jar)
 A little sesame oil           
                                                  A whole bunch of baby spinach (one bag from T.J.'s was 
not enough)
A little malt vinegar       
Salt                               
                                 Strirfry the shrooms and almonds and shallots in the sesame oil until the shrooms are cooked. Throw in the spinach. Cook it as long as you like (mine got overcooked a bit, but was still awesome!)  add a little vinegar and if it's too wet you can thicken it up. 

Raven LOVED it!
I really love the color selective setting on our camera!       



Anyway. Watched more TV. Cleaned up the kitchen. Got to go put the chicks to bed and hit the hay.

1 comment:

Joi said...

So, when's the vegan potluck?

Post a Comment