Boring quick post because I am beat.
Got up & had coffee (which I had to make. Grrrr!)
Made a tofu scramble with shrooms and onion and nutritional yeast and seasoning salt.
Wished I could have hashbrowns.
Went down to the basement and spent a good deal of the day sort, rearranging and sneezing so that we can eventually paint down there.
Found a really great vintage beaded sweater that I always meant to repair by stictching the beads back on. Fray checked the crap out of it instead because, hell, it was from the bins or something.
Drank more coffee, this time iced dregs. Mmmm...
Frantically searched the house for one of the 5 wooden swords I know we own.
Dressed Nigel up in pirate regalia. Failed to take pictures.
Packed Nigel off to the Portland Pirate Festival. THANK YOU ANNA!
Finally surfaced for lunch after 2pm and ate a "vegetarian breast" (love that name) over more boil-in-bag Dal with some frozen asparagus spears for greenery.
Realized frozen asparagus ruins one of my favorite vegetables. Like eating strings. Yuck!
Went to Freddies to return a coat that, while it was raincoat-esque, was too warm for most days in Portland.
Failed to buy anything after trying on 5 or 6 more coats.
Got home just in time for my sister to get here with a bucket of grain for the chickies.
Made the fastest tofu-tuna salad of my life.
Left to go to game night at her friend's house.
Ran into a former co-worker there. Small freaking world!
Played Taboo, The game of Things and Catch Phrase.
Ate tofu and drank mineral water while everyone else had ships and candy and beer.
Went in the hot tub, jumped in pool, returned to hot tub. The hot tub was just warm, but the pool was COLD!
Watched everyone eat pizza and ate trail mix from my car. Wanted bread sooooo badly. Ate more tofu salad.
Came home, tried in vain to help Raven with her homework. Drank a protein shake (1/2 soymilk, 1/2 water and this protein powder Lisa got me, which is surprisingly good!)
Blogged and now am going to bed!!!
Dads Who Don’t Deal
5 years ago



3 comments:
Love that you are now blogging every day, although reading usually leaves me feeling hungry :)
You are doing so well. I have no self discipline. At the game night I would've had pizza in one hand and a fistful of candy in the other.
Keep going - you are taking care of yourself and that is so important.
I think the promise of prizes is the best way to resist pizza! I'm in it to win it!!
Also, they were eating chips, not ships ;-)
I understand the injustice of having to make your own coffee in the morning. That is usually the job of the man-person who lives with me. I am allowed to pout on mornings when he does not make coffee.
You ate a lot of soy products on Day 4. And this is coming from someone who had tofu for dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday.
Post a Comment