Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day THREE

I really suck at eating. Or maybe just food in general. Really.

Today the man woke me up right before he left for a football game at OSU. Thank the FSM there was coffee.

Had a hard time getting motivated today. My house needs de-cluttering so badly, sitting in it makes me angry.

Drank coffee while mindlessly perusing the Internets for a couple of hours. Did some dishes.

Sauteed leftover squash with some deli-slices. It was unpleasant, but filling.

Took the kids to Voodoo for a secret wedding. Picked up Lli along the way. Ate a Chocolate coconut vegan donut as my "cheat meal" for the week. Oh, and also part of the apple fritter Nigel rejected. Brought the rest of the vegan ones home, but haven't been tempted thus far.

Dropped Raven and Lli off at the bank and got some moneys for the impending festivities. Which leads to...

Portland Veg Fest!!!  After hitting upon a parking spot only 5 blocks away, Nigel and I made it through our rainy walk to the convention center. There was so much vegan awesomeness it's hard to describe. I was very good and tried to limit my samplings to high protein foods and tiny bits of dark chocolates. Nigel gorged on various vegan ice creams. We both felt like we were going to explode. He even turned down mac and cheese and pizza!

I learned about a bunch of restaurants we've never tried and got a ton of coupons for stuff we buy all the time.

The boy got bored and completely wigged out on sugar about 3/4 of the way through. So we hurried through the last part and then left.

The walk back to the car was wetter, but it was so warm we didn't care.
Came home and lounged around briefly to let the bellyful of samples settle before heading out to the gym.

Went to the gym and did workout A and listened to the mix Lli made for my Spongebob MP3 player.

Workout A
4 sets of 10 reps each:
- balance ball chest presses with 2-12 pound dumbbells
- split squats (which hurt like hell!) basically a lunge/squat combo of doom
- overhead 22 pound barbell press (tried it with 27 pounds, but it was not good)
- and 30 pound leg curls

I think I may have accidentally done 5 sets of some because I lost count and I upped the reps and weight a couple of times. Now my thighs are sore.

Came home and was hungry again (even though I was pretty sure I would never be again after the gorging earlier.)

Chopped up an entire bunch of rainbow chard and sauteed it in a little bit of sesame oil with garlic and my new love, wasabi sesame seeds. Topped it with some boil-in-bag Dal and called it dinner. For me anyway, Nigel had corn on the cob and raspberries. Raven had raw mushrooms and I think she picked the tofu out of  leftover spaghetti.

See what I mean about food?

Well, there's always coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment