Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 14 - a non-fictional book that is meaningful to you since your loss & Day 15 - what you like about your house.

Day 14
I think I already wrote about the book A Broken Heart Still Beats. It is a collection of excerpts and poems about the death of their child from various writers spanning generations and centuries. I kept it in the downstairs bathroom hoping someone else might pick it up and understand a little better. I don't think anyone ever did, but I read it in the bath many many times. I liked that it wasn't all "advice-y" or specifically personal. 


Day 15
And, about my house? There is nothing terribly wrong with it. It is just too small for us. And awkwardly laid out. And the kitchen is a hallway - literally, it is 7x17 feet from wall to wall, so there is about 2 feet of walking and standing space between the cupboards on one side and the stove and fridge on the other. You can open either the dishwasher or the fridge, but not both at the same time.
I do like my very own little powder room upstairs though. It is decorated how I want, even the sink faucet that I chose (it looks like a miniature old-fashioned water pump), with my toiletries cluttering it up and my choice of linens and my silly SF magazines on the back of the toilet. If it wasn't infested with ants, I'd even say I love that room.

No comments:

Post a Comment