Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween and Day 30- a dream for the future

I hid in the basement. Except for the few minutes I had to drive to deliver something to the teen. And I hate driving on Halloween. But driving while crying on Halloween is extra not fun. And oh the little dinosaurs, and princesses etc... I came home and cried some more. I wanted to dress my baby up as a baby alien, to match mama. There were darling little sparkly legging hanging near the register at the store yesterday. I was told not to buy them because I don't have a baby yet. "I already had one" I replied. And choked back tears.

If this is Halloween I think we should all us dead baby moms move to an island for the next few months because this minor holiday sent me round the bend, I can only imagine what the major ones will do.

Day 30- a dream for the future

A dream of the past, brought forward. Family reconciled. Gathered for a happy occasion. Cousins, brother,sisters, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc... Gifts, food, photographs. Stories told, remembrances of those that aren't there. A fire, perhaps a tree. Or perhaps the days before and we are decorating or baking, preparing for a ritual that has found new meaning after the healing has had it's time.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I'm with you. Let's steal an island and make it our own! We can be all Swiss Family Robinson mixed with pirates!

sarah said...

Sign me up for the island.

Post a Comment