Because you will end up there anyway. At least, that is the way my life works.
You want a home birth? Go directly to hospital.
You want a natural birth? Let's gut you like a trout.
Oh, you wanted a live baby? Well, here's your breech Vbac, too bad you never get to take him home, except as a handful of dust in a plastic bag in a plastic box.
Back in bed again for the weekend. Though I did manage to shower and play with the boy for a short while before feeling like total crap again.
Back in bed again for the weekend. Though I did manage to shower and play with the boy for a short while before feeling like total crap again.
I wanted to NOT have a D&C so badly (I already have cervical scarring from a biopsy 11 years ago), yet Friday I was dizzy from blood loss and had to submit.
Apparently my darling uterus was swelled up to 12-14 week size. Which is odd because the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and I took the misoprostel and started bleeding at 8 weeks.
So, a week later I'm still gushing and feel like complete crap and might be starting to depend on Percoset a little too much.
And I checked with three different doctors, hoping one would say, "you'll be fine." But they mostly said to go to the emergency room.
So I went, and they did offer me the choice of going home and taking more of the drug that seems to make me want to bleed to death, or getting my womb vacuumed out. At least they didn't have to use the metal scrape-y thing.
Good times.
They even offered to do it right there in the emergency room. But, emotionally stable gal that I am, started bawling and kindly asked to be knocked out in a proper OR. So, that'll likely take care of our insurance deductible for the year.
Which is good, I guess. Because (if I can ever get the man drunk enough to get near me again ;-) When we conceive again, all the doctor visits will be covered.
That last line, and all the included hope, was brought to you by the wonderful little surprise I got in the mail yesterday from Missy
Thank you so much friend. That tiny key has done me a world of good :-)
Apparently my darling uterus was swelled up to 12-14 week size. Which is odd because the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and I took the misoprostel and started bleeding at 8 weeks.
So, a week later I'm still gushing and feel like complete crap and might be starting to depend on Percoset a little too much.
And I checked with three different doctors, hoping one would say, "you'll be fine." But they mostly said to go to the emergency room.
So I went, and they did offer me the choice of going home and taking more of the drug that seems to make me want to bleed to death, or getting my womb vacuumed out. At least they didn't have to use the metal scrape-y thing.
Good times.
They even offered to do it right there in the emergency room. But, emotionally stable gal that I am, started bawling and kindly asked to be knocked out in a proper OR. So, that'll likely take care of our insurance deductible for the year.
Which is good, I guess. Because (if I can ever get the man drunk enough to get near me again ;-) When we conceive again, all the doctor visits will be covered.
That last line, and all the included hope, was brought to you by the wonderful little surprise I got in the mail yesterday from Missy
Thank you so much friend. That tiny key has done me a world of good :-)



6 comments:
Oh crap.. I am so sorry you had to do exactly what you did not want to do. You would think that when something like this happens we would get a free pass/wildcard that allows for magical healing when there will be no live baby. If only...
thinking of you....
I'm so sorry things have turned out this way :( I hope you are recovering well and that you start feeling better soon, both emotionally and physically. No one should have to go through what you've been through. You are a strong woman and I will be thinking of you. All the best. Hugs.
Even in the darkest of times you will always have a friend. Sending all my love and strength for a quick recovery!
I'm sorry you had to have the d&c. I agree with Leslie about the free pass. I hope you recover quickly now that you've had the d&c.
Ick. I'm sorry that you had to have the D&C. I would have had to go for the proper OR too.
Hoping with you xo
Ugh, it just keeps getting more fun doesn't it? I always applied the theory that you should get the worst part over with first to eating vegetables I didn't like, but I never thought I would have to see it apply to bigger things like losing babies. Hope that your body decides to take it easy on you soon.
Post a Comment