Hey folks. If you're wondering where I've been, well...
I was trying to avoid the scenario which is now unfolding anyway.
See, I was pregnant. For about a minute. And as of today, I am not anymore.
I was having sharp pains in my side about 1.5 weeks ago and I went to the hospital to make sure it wasn't tubal. It wasn't, but the heart beat, at six weeks, was only 79bpm. So I knew it wasn't good. The tech tried to be optimistic, but I have been down this road before and had little hope of any sort of miraculous recovery. So I waited, but nothing happened, except I felt like shit and queasy all day and night. So, we went back today for what should have been my first prenatal and sure enough, no heartbeat and still 6 week size. I knew, I was ready. I did all my crying a week and a half ago and then just decided that we won't know if we are pregnant until the 14th.
So we are not, and that is fine for now, except my body was not doing the expulsion of contents it normally does. So I had the choices of: wait and see, take drugs at home, or D&C. I am not getting any younger, and don't want to damage my cervix anymore (it is scarred from a come biopsy 11 years ago) so I chose the pills. And some lovely Percoset. They kicked in pretty fast, so I am sitting here bleeding and also a bit woozy, because one Persocset did nothing for the pain, so I took another half and am just staying awake long enough for the next dose.
I am alright, I didn't tell too many people, didn't really have a lot of hope in the first place and didn't get too attached. And I had a week and a half to mentally prepare. I just really want to get this done so I can have one normal cycle and then try again.
But I thought I should explain the radio silence.
It's cool, you don't have to say sorry. Maybe "better luck next time" that would be cool. But the perinatologist said that 60% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, mostly before a woman knows she's pregnant. Not comforting numbers by any means.
I know it's not how statistics works, but with this being miscarriage number three (my first "missed abortion" as they call it), two living children and dear stillborn Juniper, I think I've surpassed my 60% allotment right?
And since all the bloodwork after Juniper was perfect and normal in every way (including really good iron levels. Take THAT vegan haters;-) They aren't going to investigate this further, so we just have to try again and hope for the best. That's a lot of hope and I have little in reserve. So if anybody has some spare hope laying around that can be spared that would be good. I'm not getting any younger...
Dads Who Don’t Deal
5 years ago



12 comments:
I know you've said that I don't have to say this but I am sorry. I will wish you the very, very best of luck for next time and send you every little shred of hope I have to spare.
Thinking of you xo
I still want to jump on here and say I'm sorry. Really I am. I wanted good things for you and I'm sorry your little embryo didn't make it. I will say better luck next time though. I really hope you get to beat that 60% some time soon.
Well, shit. I'm sorry. (I can't help myself, I have to say it.) And better luck next time, too.
Sending good baby-making mojo your way, and I really am sorry . . . I've been thinking of you lately. Hang in there, mama. Hoping for better news next time.
Hugs.
xo
Damn. I'm not one for cursing, but this situation deserves at least that if not more.
Sending you a dash of hope and a forbidden I'm sorry.
Better luck next time.
:( It's just not right to lose another baby.
*insert swearing rant here*
:( I'm so sorry this is happening to you *again*.
Yep, I'm gonna have to say it, I am sorry, and I'm sending you hope for next time, oodles of it.
x
I am sorry, sorry that losing Juniper didn't guarantee there would be no more bad stuff for you. We should all get a life long dose of coasting on the good stuff after a baby dies. I'm sorry this isn't the case.
Hold on to that shred of hope. A shred is all it takes. x
Oh I'm so sorry. I know that doesn't really help, but I just wanted you to know.
Sending love.
OK, like everyone else, I am sorry for your loss. I wish I could think of better words to express what I feel when I hear about a woman losing her baby - at whatever stage of development that baby was at, and especially a DBM who has already had more than her fair share of loss (because one loss is more than enough!). There's the heart-wrenching feeling that is NOT right, and the lack of control that I CAN NOT change this. Fuck.
My heart is with you. Sending you MUCH luck for next time, and sharing my hope with you.
I am sorry.. sorry to say it mamma. I wish you only good things in the months ahead.
PS- i *kind of* was on the same boat with nothing being done after 2 m/c's and Cullen's stillbirth. But lat week the wheels came off the bus.. I stomped my to an RE who took another look and found something BIG that both my OB and perinate had not. Just food for thought mamma..
oh no, that's just really really shitty, why can't the universe just give you a break :(
Post a Comment